If you subscribed to our September's box, themed "Radiance", you received an organic facial steam by LM Organics. Facial steams help open your pores & aids circulation in your face, leaving your skin clean, flushed & glowing.
1. Bring a small pot of water to a boil. You can boil the water on the stove or in the microwave.
2. Wash your face while the water is heating up. Wash your face to remove makeup and dirt. Use a gentle face cleanser and warm water. Removing makeup and dirt is a must before steaming, because steaming opens up your pores, and anything on your face will be able to get inside and cause irritation or pimples to occur. After washing your face, pat it dry with a towel.
3. Pour the steaming water into a bowl. Pour it into a glass or ceramic bowl resting on a folded towel or two.
4. Add your LM Organics Facial Steam to bowl. Just a few teaspoons will do it. These organic dried herbs and essential oils will release beneficial aromas.
5. Lean over bowl with a towel draped over your head. Drape a towel over your head so that it creates a sort of tent over your face, and hold your face over the water. Keep your face over the steam for about 10 minutes. Close your eyes and breathe deeply, allowing the heat to awaken your face and open your pores.
6. Use a face mask afterwards. The next step is to use a mask to pull the impurities from your now-open pores. Using the steam immediately before your mask will allow the mask to penetrate deeper, as the steam opens up the pores, and the essential oils even begin the cleansing process!
7. Use a toner. Do this so that after your facial, dirt doesn't get into your pores. Using a toner after steaming will help your face look toned and fresh. Use a cotton ball to apply the toner of your choice to your nose, forehead, cheeks and chin.
8. Moisturize your face. The final step is to apply a moisturizer to keep your face hydrated. Steaming it can actually dry it out, so this is an important step. Smooth on your favorite moisturizer, or try a face-softening oil like coconut oil, jojoba oil or argan oil.